Illinois Wesleyan University • Adjunct Professor, 2015 – Present
- Graphic Design I & II – Principles and Practice of Graphic Design
- Graphic Design IV – Branding
Outdoor Sportsman Group • Group Art Director, 1997 – March 2019
• Develop, direct, and review work of the creative team in the production of all print, web, and digital marketing collateral.
• Initiate and manage content strategy for both small-scale and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, compelling content, and technology.
• Collaborate with the marketing and sales departments in developing marketing plans, analyzing results, and identifying opportunities.
• Develop internal marketing campaigns that translate marketing objectives across business units into clear and motivating creative strategies.
• Analyze brand tracking, market trends, consumer need, and the competitive landscape.
• Meet budget standards by forecasting and managing expenses.
• Supervise a cross-functional team of art directors, graphic designers, social media experts, and photographers in the strategic development of messages and deliverables.
• Prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs, establishing production schedules by collaborating with designers and production departments.
• Conduct brainstorming sessions with creative team, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner.
• Review and approve art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges.
• Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling print materials and digital experiences for visually sophisticated audiences.
Illinois State University – Normal, IL
- Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design
- Master of Science in Arts Technology
- Mac OS, Adobe Creative Cloud – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Acrobat, Media Encoder, Microsoft Office, Managing Editor CLS
- Web Video, Digital Photography & Sound Design
Click link to download a copy of resume Kleckner resume